||Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer.
||West Cambridgeshire on the southern shoreline of Grafham Water.
|Number of Electors
||564 electors and 306 households.
||£14,900 per annum.
|Summary of the job
|Principally we are seeking an enthusiastic member of the local community to join the small team of Councillors (currently six) to help improve our village, in what we hope will be a long-term appointment.
- Responsible for the Village Handyman.
- Attendance at bi-monthly parish council meets plus any ad hoc meetings.
- Arrange dates and venues for council meetings.
- Advise the council on procedural matters.
- Update on a yearly basis all Council Policy documents.
- Maintain an asset register.
- Update the Parish Website to comply with the Transparency Code.
- Keep the Parish Noticeboard up to date.
- Ensure that acceptance of office, dispensations and declarations of interest are completed by councillors within the statutory time limits.
- To liaise with County and District Councillors as and when required.
- To liaise with employees of Cambridgeshire County Council, Huntingdonshire District Council and other outside bodies as and when required on matters affecting the village.
- To prepare and distribute via email (apart from Chairman) Agendas for meetings and minutes. Posting both on the village web site.
- To receive and deal with all correspondence either via Royal Mail or by email.
- Produce minutes in a timely manner for inclusion in the village magazine.
- To receive and report on invoices for services to be paid for by the Parish Council and to issue invoices on behalf of the Parish Council.
- To monitor and balance the Council’s accounts on a monthly basis and end of year for Audit purposes in addition to undertaking the Annual VAT return.
- Ensure that the Councils obligations for Insurance purposes are properly met.
|Requirements in terms of experience and education
||The successful candidate will be:
- IT literate in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be willing to undertake the CAPALC Intensive Clerk two-day training course.
- Have the ability to take notes during meetings as well as directing the Councillors on procedural matters.
|Hours of work
||Up to 10 hours per week with extra hours by arrangement.
|Days and times of
|Rate per hour
||Dependent upon experience (minimum SCP 20).
||As soon as possible.
|How to apply
||Letter and CV to the Chairman,
c/o The Clerk, 2 Welby Close, Perry, PE28 0DP.
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(CV not to exceed two A4 pages at a minimum of 10 point text).
|Closing date for
|31st March 2019.
|Who to contact for
|Chairman or Temporary Clerk,
||Mr Nigel Noon.
- The job holder will be employed under the terms and conditions of the NALC model contract of Employment.
- Parish Council meetings are held either in the Baptist Church or Grafham Water Centre in Perry.
- All admin is carried out at the home of the Clerk.
- A laptop and printer will be provided.